Careers & Internships
We are seeking applications for the Mayor Sly James - He's For Change Internship. See the job description below:
The Mayor Sly James - He's for Change Internship
The Mayor Sly James – He’s for Change Intern will provide assistance to the programs of the Women’s Foundation including the Appointments Project™, as well as other aspects of non-profit administration. This position provides students with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in non-profit operations with a focus on promoting leadership and philanthropic education for women of all ages. Interns may be required to work after hours to staff special events or activities.
Program Internship Duties:
- Specific duties include the following, but are not limited to interacting with Women’s Foundation constituents, assisting with database management for the Appointments Project™, assisting with event logistics for philanthropic education programs, and assistance with fund raising initiatives.
- Internships with the Women’s Foundation are not paid, but offer valuable hands-on experience. This experience allows students to explore areas of interest and decide if this is an area for a potential career.
- Class credit for an independent study may be available to students, and the Women’s Foundation will work to offer an internship experience that meets the Intern's school’s requirements for credit.
- Detail oriented, able to follow directions, able to take initiative when needed
- Outgoing and friendly personality, professional demeanor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Assist with planning and organizing special events and projects
- Attend special events and meetings as needed
- General office support including data entry, filing, etc.
- Maintain professional appearance when interacting with the public and partner organizations; dress appropriately for duties assigned
- This is an unpaid internship. Credit is available upon request.
- All internships are based out of our office in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Resumes and cover letter must be in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format
- For any other questions or submit a resume, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone calls, please.