WOMEN’S FOUNDATION GRANT OPPORTUNITIES
The Women’s Foundation promotes equity and opportunity for women and girls, using philanthropy, research and policy solutions to make meaningful change. Since 1991, the Women’s Foundation has invested wisely in the success of women of all ages. The Women’s Foundation addresses issues affecting the economic well-being of women and their families throughout the region with the goal of eliminating barriers women face in achieving long-term economic self-sufficiency. Economically self-sufficient women will lead the nation’s next chapter of economic growth, and by investing in the success of women, we are investing in a stronger economy.
Applications will be reviewed by the Women’s Foundation once a year. Application deadlines will be
5:00 p.m. CST on:
- Friday, April 3, 2015
Applicants will be notified of the board’s decisions in writing approximately eight (8) weeks after the application deadline.
Areas of Interest:
The Women’s Foundation funds programs, projects, and activities that focus on promoting equity and opportunity for women and girls. In addition, consideration will be given to programs aimed at changing policies and/or systems in order to promote and protect the rights of women in girls in a long-term sustainable way. The Women’s Foundation recognizes that there are a variety of strategies for achieving systemic change such as: community organizing, leadership and coalition development, and public education.
Eligibility for Funding:
- Applicant organization must be tax-exempt as defined by the IRS code, section 501(c)(3)
- Applicant organization must maintain ongoing operations including staffing and programs within Missouri and/or Kansas. All funded programs/projects must be designed and carried out for the benefit of the target population living in those areas.
- Applicant organizations must be in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations related to non-discrimination, wage and hour laws, workplace safety, licensure, protection of confidential health care information, and all other laws and regulations applicable to the staff, clients, consumers, and the workplace of the applicant.
- Applicant organizations must have the demonstrated capacity to carry out program work funded by the grant, exercise financial controls, and use generally accepted accounting procedures. The Women’s Foundation may consider the past performance of a former grantee in this analysis. An annual audit performed by an independent CPA is encouraged.
- The Foundation will not provide funding for:
- Religious organizations for religious/evangelizing activities
- Political parties or candidates
- Programs inconsistent with non-discrimination policies
Grants will be awarded in amounts up to $50,000. Organizations that have received grants from the Women’s Foundation in the past are not assured of continued funding.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
Applications are accepted through our online platform.
All applications must be completed in full by close of business on April 3rd, 2015
You will need to create an account within our system in order to submit an application.
You must be a 501(c)(3) organization in order to submit an application.
You may save and finish your application at any time but it must be completed by close of business on April 3rd, 2015
To register and submit a new application please go to the link below:
To view existing applications or finish in progress applications please go to the link below:
Review Process and Criteria
The Women’s Foundation of Greater Kansas City is committed to comprehensive, objective reviews of applications for competitive grants. Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by reviewers based on the points identified for each application section. Projects will be ranked according to merits. The overall process is as follows:
Step 1: Each application will be screened internally to determine if it contains any disqualification factors, such as:
- Late request. See our submission dates and times;
- Applications submitted incompletely or incorrectly;
- Applications for amounts exceeding the award ceiling;
- Applicant organization in existence for less than 3 years;
- Applicant organization does not meet required criteria above;
Step 2: Women’s Foundation appointed reviewers will conduct evaluations of each application and score based on the points noted in the application. Please note additional information about scoring and funding of proposals:
- The Women’s Foundation intends to use approximately 50% of available grant monies to fund applicants that are proposing innovative service delivery strategies, and the remaining 50% to activities that are evidence based. In the event that we receive more of one type application than another, or that applications are of higher quality in one area than another, the Women’s Foundation reserves the right to alter this allocation of funds at its sole discretion.
- The Women’s Foundation reserves the right to consider the success of organizations or projects previously funded based upon their outcomes, evaluations, and other factors related to the stewardship of the funds received.
Step 3: Recommendations will be made to the Women’s Foundation Board of Directors for approval of funding.
Step 4: All applicants will be notified of awarded selections.
Please contact us at email@example.com / 913.831.0711